View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2021, 11:58   #7
Adrian888

I agree a D5/6 hybrid is not a budget car but in reality neither are most PHEV. Insurance is higher and so too are service costs. However it is a great driving experience, the R Design is very well specced and when Power mode is selected they have hot hatch beating performance. On a long very fast (100mph +) drive across Europe to Prague last summer i topped 40mpg. Towing i get 25-27 and at the moment local stop-start pottering about is giving 46-47 on a mix of ICE and battery. The newest D6 are only 3 years old and the oldest are 9 years. I have not heard of any D5/6 hybrid needing the EV battery reconditioning. The battery has an 8 year Volvo warranty too. I am the first to decry the limitations and overselling of BEV as some-sort of almost religious solution and the way battery degradation with age is downplayed etc but in practice a hybrid or PHEV suffers less from decline in battery efficacy. I like the car but given my OH will not drive it i have to change! Unfortunately there is nothing in a PHEV SUV in the Volvo range i can afford so will be looking elsewhere.

Last edited by Adrian888; May 3rd, 2021 at 12:07.
Adrian888 is offline   Reply With Quote