View Single Post
Old Jul 1st, 2022, 00:01   #5
RDesign4Life
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
They might be ok now but back then like driving on oil in the wet, the RWD could be a lot of it and they may have changed compounds now they're scoring supply deals with the likes of Vx, Kia etc, they aren't cheap anymore either,

My two mid choices if I can get them at the time are Barum & Hankook followed closely by Avon, I did the Bridgestone thing once, 8000 miles later they were out so never again, Michelin always have been and probably always will be the best tyre manufacturer but they charge for that unfortunately,

Try the Wanli or Westlake from National if you want a reasonable cheaper tyre, I think they've phased the Wanli out now but the Westlakes are still available afaik,

I always judge them by if they do 10k+ on the front, don't slip in the wet and cost no more than £70 a corner they're ok, some drone a bit but that's hard compound so longer lifespan,

Check out the tyre label reviews, bit like the official mpg figures but some of the labels suprised me with their labels, one ultra budget was rated a B for economy where the 3x the price premium tyre lagged as an E, they all hover around 68-72 db's so not much in it.

Just seen another thread about noisy Mich's that turned out to be wheel bearings, a chart has been posted which reminded me of two other brands I like and have had before,

Kleber which iirc are a budget brand made by Continental or Michelin, and the other ones which went with my now px'd car were Laufenn which F1 put on for me, they were a great budget rubber.

Borrowed https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article/...t-Overview.htm
Yes +1 for the Barums - I put 4 of those on my Z4 to replace the Sunny trash and the Barums were spot on and really quiet.
RDesign4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RDesign4Life For This Useful Post: