View Single Post
Old Jun 30th, 2022, 19:58   #3
RDesign4Life
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
19k out of a pair of front tyres is brilliant imo,

Nothing wrong with Autogreen, there are several turn your nose up brands that come under the budget label that are actually really good rubber,

Wanli
Westlake
Sailum
Landsail

There's 4 I can say that won't be a Michelin but unless you are someone who has to take it to the limits on the way to Asda they will keep you on the road and wear reasonably,

The funny one is Nexen, they fit these to a few new cars now but both I and a mate had them on our Omega's many years ago and both concluded that once there was water on the ground they turned the car into an unsafe place to be, same tyre used to be branded as a Roadstone 2000, they might be ok on FWD but anything RWD and it's back end out time.
Had Nexens on an Audi a few years ago and they were good in the wet. These days I buy the best I can afford last few purchases have been Avon, Michelin and Pirelli. Worst tyres I ever had were Sunny. I bought a 3.0 Z4 and it had 4 brand new Sunny tyres fitted. They were proper dangerous - traction control kicked in whent the road was dry! Oh and the noise was unbelievable - worse than a knackered wheel bearing.

Anyway to the OP 18 to 20k out of the fronts is good going imo.
RDesign4Life is offline   Reply With Quote