View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2021, 23:30   #26
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

You've certainly got quite a fleet there!

Having been there, T-shirt etc in the past at a similar age/circumstances my advice would be to work out which you want to keep long term for whatever reason. round up the others and sort out what each needs, either do it to make it roadworthy or sell "as is" for a short resto project and make as much as you can from the sale of the ones that aren't keepers to finance sorting the keepers how you want them.

I made the mistake of hanging on too long to my fleet without doing anything and then found most were past terminal in terms of tinworm and one even had a siezed engine through sitting too long. Also it's often better to have a clear-out and then use the proceeds to improve what's left rather than sitting staring at the whole fleet not knowing where to even think about starting!

I drove a few Skoda Rapides when they were new, not bad cars, quite nippy and the 1300 was much better than the 1200 but they are definitely quirky cars. I'd suggest having a good look at them and maybe driving a few with a view to buying if you are serious - be warned though, they are very tail-happy in the wet and once they go, all the weight pulls them wherever the back end is heading!

Useful for climbing icy hills though as all the weight is over the back wheels so you can drive up rather than having to reverse like with FWD cars! Put a couple of sandbags in the front so the front wheels actually steer and you might have a winner!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: