View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2022, 17:07   #11
fulham4eva

@XC90MK1 - Yeah my idea had it been to buy engine/box/loom rebuild them etc, but as people are pointing out the management systems of these doesn't allow for simply changing over a few bits.

I've done a few builds mostly jap stuff but my weakness is the electrics side of things which is starting to sound like to much of a mission.

@pinballdave - Thanks very informative, with that information it does seem the only option is to get a T5 C30 and go from there.
I have seen a few threads in the USA about the 4wd conversion and very successful mechanically it is all fine except for the exhaust getting a bit close to the fuel tank but could wrap etc.
The only sticking point they had was they needed to create software and steal some of the loom from the donor, How they went about the software I have no idea not my strong point.

There is a thread on the Volvo performance forum but the guy hasn't followed up on how it went.

@LizardOfBodom - Thanks your right I've really struggled to find something suitable as a donor plus anything that is around is a good 2k and they seem a bit well looked after to strip for just the drivetrain. I did wonder about the Kuga but as you said difficult to find.

@T5R92011 - I'm quite taken with the looks of the C30 over the S60, but as you said the S60 seems a bit more friendlier to tuning. I must admit I really don't know a huge amount about Volvos as before now I've never owned one but have been so impressed that once I've sorted my Audi it's going and I never want to work on one again. I assume the S60 is predominantly a fwd setup and some 4wd version?? I do prefer Rwd on saloons.
fulham4eva is offline   Reply With Quote