Thread: 240 General: - Replacing Fuel filter
View Single Post
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 22:06   #16
wooble
Stay gold baby!

Definitely sounds like a fuel pressure problem. When I first got my SE it would stumble and cough when pulling away, which was immediately resolved by replacing the fuel filter.

Replacing it is reasonably easy - once you have sufficient room to get under the car (even reversing the car onto a few scaffolding planks to get sufficient room to worm under should suffice), the filter is alongside the pump on a cradle held by three (I believe) bolts to the underside of the car. It's located on the passenger side of the car, just forward of the the rear axle. Be gentle with these bolts and use antiseize spray if necessary, they're exposed to all the road gunk under the car and may be rusty. once you'e removed them, the cradle will be free, it's then a matter of loosening the clamp holding the filter and the unions (use caution as there's likely to be petrol spilled here - best to have a bowl under the filter and if possible rags round the unions when they're loosened), marvel at the black petrol that comes out of the old filter and fit a new one in its' place.
wooble is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wooble For This Useful Post: