Thread: 240 General: - Replacing Fuel filter
View Single Post
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 14:26   #15
gloster_man
VOC Member

Placing the fuel filter on the bulkhead made it a straightforward job to replace it, and easier for the home mechanic [Thanks, Paul, for the excellent guide, but mine's not like that.] Was it on the SE that Volvo decided to hide it away /only accessible when it's up in the air?

I'm not absolutely sure that it needs replacing, but the car is very sluggish (I've done the WD40 test on the injector seating, with no change) - and will start and run fine and usually only give a problem when I come to a traffic light (almost stalls, have to keep the revs up) and pull away (engine starved of fuel, almost dies but enough momentum keeps me moving until the blockage (?) clears and runs OK again - until the next time).

Yesterday around town it hiccuped and died a number of times, so today I need to sort it out. I already have another filter if that is the problem - and could do with any guidance if anyone has done it off the ground (as I don't have a pit or access to a ramp) - [I don't really want grit and petrol in my eye - as chester6].

Thanks - dan C
The Following User Says Thank You to gloster_man For This Useful Post: