View Single Post
Old Jul 26th, 2021, 07:40   #10
eternal optimist
Master Member

I’d avoid it. It’s too expensive for a significant project, and there are signs the owner has done stuff on the cheap (eg budget front tyres)

Peeling lacquer is only going to get worse and isn’t an ‘easy job for people who like detailing’ as the ad says. You need a body shop to attend to it and do a proper job. Think about £3 to £500 and you won’t be far off. The corrosion advisories are consistent, and the owners commentary about leaving the crust in place isn’t the best advice I’ve heard.

Forrest is right - the V90 he bought off here had been well cared for and it was a great price. I was quite tempted.

I wouldn’t touch this, it’s showing signs of long term lack of use and neglect, and an owner that wants as much as he can get for something that needs time and money throwing at it to keep it alive. I wouldn’t be paying more than £600. Even then, I’d regret not being patient and waiting for a better one.

If you’re going to see it, I suspect you will get suckered in and end up buying it. Forrest’s advice above is sound. I’d add to it by wanting evidence that he’s used good brand oil and spares for the work he’s done - but he won’t, he’s fitted budget tyres, and will have used the cheapest bits he can get his hands on.

Last edited by eternal optimist; Jul 26th, 2021 at 07:48.
eternal optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to eternal optimist For This Useful Post: