Thread: Cambridgeshire
View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2021, 19:14   #14
nemesisthewarlock
3.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Huntingdon is likely to be off-putting to people in Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex, possible even south Cambs as well.

I'm on the border of Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambs and Huntingdon is 45-50 miles each way which takes a fair bit of time and fuel to get to. People from most parts of Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex (and south Cambs like Haverhill area) will also find it quite a trek so a Huntingdon venue will tend to attract people from Beds, North/West Cambs and maybe South LIncs.

I can see what you're doing, trying to get as large a catchment area as possible but by keeping it more local there's more of a chance people will actually think about coming.

Everyone has different opinions though and their own limits as to how far they'll travel on a regular basis for a meet so before you just take my word for it, see who else responds, where they are and what they view as reasonable for a meet.
Local is of course a movable feast, for me an hour of driving is about my limit and Royston/South Cambs is too far for me.

St Ives/Huntingdon is kind of Central for Cambs as a whole and as I say has good road links for those wishing to travel as a newbie I don't yet have a feel for where voc members in cambs are?

But for example a Cambs/Suffolk meet at Newmarket is easier for me and may get some Essex VOC members?

So lets start with who is interested in an informal Cambs(ish) meet up and where are you? Then we can decide on a venue
nemesisthewarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nemesisthewarlock For This Useful Post: