Thread: Cambridgeshire
View Single Post
Old May 24th, 2021, 16:46   #12
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisthewarlock View Post
I would be up for an informal meet too

I would prefer somewhere around Huntingdon with the hope that we could attract members from Beds/Herts/Lincs/Norfolk/Suffolk as well as Cambs and even further.

The road links are good with the A1/M1 link and the improved A14 - just watch for the speed cameras on the A14

Or maybe just up the road to Peterborough? Again good transport links..
Huntingdon is likely to be off-putting to people in Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex, possible even south Cambs as well.

I'm on the border of Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambs and Huntingdon is 45-50 miles each way which takes a fair bit of time and fuel to get to. People from most parts of Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex (and south Cambs like Haverhill area) will also find it quite a trek so a Huntingdon venue will tend to attract people from Beds, North/West Cambs and maybe South LIncs.

I can see what you're doing, trying to get as large a catchment area as possible but by keeping it more local there's more of a chance people will actually think about coming.

Everyone has different opinions though and their own limits as to how far they'll travel on a regular basis for a meet so before you just take my word for it, see who else responds, where they are and what they view as reasonable for a meet.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote