View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 21:37   #19
Badger vs Bodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman940 View Post
Someone was giving away a couple of front seats on here...see for sale section!
You do not need an aftermarket ECU to acheive 260-300bhp!! it would never hurt but i feel it is a very expensive solution you don't need...an AFR guage should keep it all in check....
i would recommend a custom map and not generic ebay chips...
I'll go check them out

On the aftermarket ECU front it's partly for the better flexibility modern ECU's give and partly because it's a nice challenge. Cost wise, it'll either be a Speeduino (cheap as chips) or the Emerald K6 I've got squirrelled away for another project, so not too bad.

It's a long way down the road anyways - plenty to do first! Unfortunately with work, short days and other commitments I haven't had much time to get cracking yet, but I've got a list of repairs I want to do before I do any mods.

I tried @Laird Scooby's recommendation and pushing the pedal down then starting did seem to help, so hopefully it's the fuel system rather than something more sinister.

On the water leak front I noticed a wet patch beneath the thermostat housing, so that's No.1 suspect at the moment. Driving it around on Wednesday it lost about 1\4 coolant out of the tank, so it's not a small leak unfortunately.

In a related thing I also want to try to sort the temp gauge, as I have no real way of telling if it's overheating at the moment, which worries me.

I won't bore people with a full list of repairs, but will try to add pictures and whatnot as I do them