View Single Post
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 11:32   #16
Badger vs Bodgers

Well, I sold my BMW so this is now officially my daily drive! Having driven it around a couple of days now, there's some things I think need attention as matters of priority:

- The fuel pump is fairly noisy (looking at the original thread, this seems to be a ongoing issue). As I need it to be reliable I'll try to replace it in the near future.

- Bit of a lumpy idle, every now and again it seems to misfire. It's had all new ignition courtesy of @Lixah, apart from the coil. It's not terrible but a bit annoying.

- It doesn't like starting hot! When cold it'll start after a few seconds of cranking- more than a modern car, but I understand that's fairly normal for these? When warm/hot she cranks for ages before catching. Wondering whether it may be the one way valve or FPR?

- Loss of coolant. I checked yesterday and the tank was nearly empty. I've not had a chance to have a good look over yet, but don't think there's excessive steam out of the exhaust and none from the engine bay, so that's a good start!

Very happy with it though, and so's my girlfriend who wasn't a fan of the Beemer's rather firm ride!