Thread: V50d anti skid
View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2022, 22:33   #6
Ashmere

OK time for an update, I purchased an Icarsoft from a forum member some weeks back and run and cleared all codes checked as much as I possibly could using the device, I then removed the battery to access the plug on the brake module so I could clean and inspect the pins,
This particular fault no signal bcm to swm was persistent,
On removal of the bcm plug- which didn't appear to be clamped fully down and came away far too easily and has never been touched by myself revealing a whitish dusty deposits at the bottom end of the plug and the 2 end pins looking the same, almost like a limescale.
Went to the local DIY shop a brought the tiniest nylon brush that I could find and a can of wd40 contact cleaner, I then drenched the plug and bcm socket with said fluid and flushed all s%%t out, then went andhad a cup of tea.
30 mins later after it had dried I then soaked them again and set to with the tiny nylon brush cleaning every tiny bit then blow drying with airline, leave to dry one final clean, reassemble, fit new battery as the old one is OK but not great.
This was some weeks back and approx 1500 miles since with no further issues, no codes thrown and I personally think the car is now generally running better and smoother and recently returned 56 mpg on a 700 mile trip.
Total cost of repair was less than £200 Inc of the price of the icarsoft, which is £1000 less than a dealer quote to replace the bcm (which it appears didn't actually need replacing)
So far so good.
Saved from the scrapheap.
Ashmere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ashmere For This Useful Post: