View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2006, 13:43   #10
slender

Quote:
Originally Posted by slender
I've just come off the phone after a calm, constructive, conversation with a pleasant lady at Volvo UK. She has heard my concerns, updated Volvo UK records which say my car has not been near a dealership since 2003 - wrong, it was serviced at a main dealer in 2004 and recalled/MOT'd in 2005 at a main dealer - and will now speak to her manager about this. I've stressed that the car was fine before it went in and that the fault occurred immediately after the recall work was done and never moved an inch. She seemed surprised to hear that I had immediately paid the £515 bill. I pointed out that I could not afford to be without my car, like most of the population, and had no axe to grind with the dealership who had been efficient in rectifying matters. So, now I wait. If I'm honest. I'm not hopeful that the manager who has consistently refused any financial assistance at the request of the dealership is going to budge an inch for me.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again for all the advice and encouragement. Such a shame that ownership of a well-maintained, beautiful car, is blighted by an unsavoury incident such as this by a respectable manufacturer who trades on safety and responsibility.
Volvo UK failed for the third time to ring me back resulting in me ringing them again this morning. They are still refusing to budge an inch but have agreed to reconsider a goodwill payment upon receipt of proof of maintainance. I have had one service done outside of the dealer network (although it was done with Volvo parts and by a Volvo trained technican with full access to VADIS. I am not hopeful of an about turn but have obviously got to take every step as necessary and give Volvo UK every opportunity to reconsider upon provision of new documentary proof of responsible ownership.
slender is offline   Reply With Quote