View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 23:05   #5
slender

Default Into battle

Thanks for your replies and advice, folks.

Basically the dealer contacted me this morning to advise that the technical report they ran at Volvo UK's request confirmed what they knew yesterday - the electronic throttle module is now broken following the work done to the car by them at Volvo UK's direction. Volvo UK are still refusing to pay ANYTHING towards this. I have rung them twice and they have failed to ring me back twice. It really is very poor. The dealer has been excellent and I have no axe to grind with them. Just before I collected the car they again rang Volvo UK to attempt to get some reimbursement for me. Sadly, they failed. As a goodwill gesture they knocked 10% off the bill. I have paid them as they have done everything asked of them and I do not want to alienate them. I am now in possession of the faulty part and a receipt for a £515 bill.

So, tomorrow I shall contact Volvo UK again and will speak to someone to make them clearly aware of the timeline of events and how I will be robustly pursuing this matter using all avenues open to me.
slender is offline   Reply With Quote