View Single Post
Old Aug 1st, 2006, 00:58   #3
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

Slender:
You booked your car in to a Volvo Main dealer to rectify an issue that Volvo UK have identified.
You did so in good faith, on the basis that your car would be "repaired" by the main dealer who carried out work as per Volvo UK's instructions.
Your car is now faulty as a direct result of work/repairs/upgrades you were advised were required by the UK importer: Volvo UK.

You see a common train of though appearing here?
As Oli has correctly pointed out, there is a seperate (and very long I might add) Topic on issue relating to ETM's.
Not withstanding the issues and concerns raised there, you have done what you were told to do and now your car doesn't work.

This issue, in my opinion, lies solely with Volvo UK.
Keep your initial contact letter with the instruction.
Keep a log of events.
Log your calls to both you main dealer AND to Volvo UK and the replies/information/response you get.
If need be contact your CAB and maybe even you MP.
Tell Volvo UK, in no uncertain terms, that you will be persuing this through legal avenues.
Advise whoever you speak to that you want all work required to get your car back on the road and working correctly - as it was prior to this fiasco - paid for by Volvo UK.
Get a supervisor or manager to tell this to.
Advise them in the strongest terms possible of the sequence of events, emphasising the fact that it was the initial letter/instruction from Volvo UK that initiated this event and set of circumstances.
Tell them you want satisfaction within 24 hours of your call so the main dealer can release the car to you, working (etc) and that the dealer is fully compensated for any and all work, and you are compensated for any inconvienience and out of pocket expences.

If that doesn't get you somewhere, I'll go look for a hat...

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote