View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2006, 23:39   #2
Oli
VOC Member

What a maddening turn of events.

I've been complaining to the dealer from which I bough my car just over a year ago of an intermittent problem that causes erratic idle and stalling, since buying the car. Problem was though that it was random and didn't happen that often. Anyway, at the last service the software for the ETM and something else was updated (at a cost of 50 pence I might add), with the claim that this would sort the problem out once and for all.

Since then the fuel consumption has increased by about 1mpg (5%), the car is more sluggish, and the problem is now occurring again. Will be ringing the dealer tomorrow. I want the unit replaced now, and as I reported the fault many times whilst still under warranty, will be making it clear who I think will be responsible for the cost.

Have a read through this very long thread for a long list of posters with similar problems:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...ghlight=us+etm

Best of luck with getting Volvo to pay. By the way, the action to upgrade the software is being taken on the back of an investigation by VOSA into the issue. Nobody in this forum believes that the action of replacing software is enough. The root cause is in the design and failure of the ETM. You may wish to write to VOSA about your experience of their agreed corrective action.

Oli
Oli is offline   Reply With Quote