View Single Post
Old Feb 12th, 2016, 15:41   #9
anthv50

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkennedy View Post
I also noted that the OP did not fit the rear bumper protection shield when fitting his towbar. This is part of the crash protection of the car and he may find that if he is in an accident his insurance will not cover any rear end shunt as the car is not to the manufacturers spec. When fitting the Volvo towbar (and some other makes) this protection is put back on the car and therefore is returned to full Volvo sppecification.
I think you'll find that refitting that bumper protection shield is impossible and as stated in the guide the tow bar is doing the same job anyway. The fitting guide that came with the tow bar said to do it like that.

Regarding the electrics, the kit that comes with it will not have the stability control, my caravan doesn't have it anyway, nor will it have the ability to disable to rear parking sensors, but I can do that with a press of a button on the dash. I am quite happy to press that button to save myself several hundreds of pounds by not going the volvo route.

now a none volvo owner
anthv50 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anthv50 For This Useful Post: