View Single Post
Old Feb 12th, 2016, 13:13   #8
somersetcamper1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkennedy View Post
If you go down the Volvo route and fit the official electrics kit you then need to have the software downloaded at the Volvo dealer. You can fit the electrics kit yourself and as wiring is in the car connecting to the car main system you have all the safety aspects covered eg stability control, parking sensors etc, switched off when towing.
I fitted the Volvo towbar and wiring kit myself and had the software loaded at the dealer - cost of software and download was 1 hour labour.

I also noted that the OP did not fit the rear bumper protection shield when fitting his towbar. This is part of the crash protection of the car and he may find that if he is in an accident his insurance will not cover any rear end shunt as the car is not to the manufacturers spec. When fitting the Volvo towbar (and some other makes) this protection is put back on the car and therefore is returned to full Volvo sppecification.
Thanks for the reply.

This is what I imagined. The car is in today having the towbar bolted on. I've pre installed the electrics. The garage thinks they will be able to do the software which will be a bonus, if not I'll have a chat with the dealer.
somersetcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote