View Single Post
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 10:39   #13
brickman
Premier Member

Amazing information, thanks much!

MAP sensor I don't think I've been able to idenfity, my setup (MSA 15.7) doesn't look like it appears on Vadis/VIDA. I figured it should sit somewhere between the compressor and the intercooler or after it, but so far not seeing it!

Thats what the typical VW item looks like.

Injector wise sounds like its worth me getting my standard injectors done and benched as with this car at least for this year I have no plans on going big with it, needs to be able to drive and function without having threat of impending DMF failure.

Another odd question for you. 5th gear swap, I know the VW/T4 people often do it and drop a fair few rev's in top gear. I currently get slightly over 1900rpm for an indicated 60mph (15" stock wheels), motorway cruising speeds I find the rev's fairly high for the size of engine. Anything over 70 seriously drops the economy, I reckon its right on peak torque around 70-75mph, great for towing caravans at speed but not for much else. Question is, are there different ratio's of boxes, a 5th gear swap option, or just stick bigger wheels on it and then adjust the speedo with Vadis/VIDA?
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote