View Single Post
Old Feb 3rd, 2021, 11:33   #16
827Roverman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyS9 View Post
Its a simple case of too much pollution above damaging levels, the gov't is being fined on a yearly basis (at their agreement). Then we have the coroners report for a child that died in 2012, setting a precident. The next step is to work out who to claim against for pollution related deaths (estimated 36,000/year in the UK).

The gov't doesn't like holding back commerce, so you can blame these namby pamby people with pre-existing conditions who expect the atmostphere to be breathable.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/e...ons-standards/

The V90 will be EU 2 or 3, with combined limits for NOx and UBHC, it just won't have been tested for the seperate tighter limits. It would prohibitively costly to get that done, its not a stick-an-exhaust-probe-and-check-the-idle test.

The only conversion which will be approved easily is a BEV conversion, but I don't know if they are allowing it specifically. They should but its a big investment, probably cheaper to buy a new BEV. Hopefully we wil have a cheap conversion kit in the future.
Don't consider myself as one of the namby-pamby people, although I am a COPD sufferer, nor do I expect the atmostphere to be perfect, but why cars on LPG are not excempt from ULEZ I just can't understand, after all the emissions are practically Zero.
827Roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 827Roverman For This Useful Post: