View Single Post
Old Feb 2nd, 2021, 18:46   #12
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 827Roverman View Post
Hi Dave, I'm convinced the government has a couple of people sat in a dark/blacked out room somewhere thinking what they can do next to hit the motorist and get cars off the road, one day someone may switch the light on for them and they may then realise just how much we contribute to the coffers, the classic car industry alone contributes millions let alone everyone else, road tax, tax on fuel etc,
You're right David, the classic car industry does contribute a lot to the coffers, last i saw was £9bn a year i think it was in March 2021 issue of Practical Classics.

I really wonder if the govt can afford to alienate us just for the sake of preventing diseasels entering the capital and other major towns and cities?

Just ban diseasels, after all, almost all classics are petrol. It seems you can't always believe the hype about modern diesel emissions either :

https://www.am-online.com/news/marke...-defeat-device

That's VAG, Mercedes, Vauxhall and Fiat-Chrylser all cited in that report - by extension that includes Renault, Nissan, plus the subsidiaries of Fiat, VAG and so on. About the only ones who haven't yet been caught are Ford, Volvo and most Japanese. That said most of the Japanese have moved out of the diesel market so maybe they won't be caught but if that many have been caught, can any of them be believed? I seriously doubt it!

As for that team in a govt bunker thinking up ways to fleece the motorist, if only we could find them.........................

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: