Thread: S90 V90: - Service with brake fluid?
View Single Post
Old Aug 16th, 2022, 18:12   #24
green van man
Premier Member

Last but 1 service, arrived to pick up the car. Here you are sir, all serviced and we have changed the brake fluid.
Oh, why did you do that then?
Well, there was no record of it having been done
No, there would not of been as I do it myself every 2 years.
What, bleed it at the calipers properly?
Yes, I bought a vacuume bleeder to do it myself after the last time you did it and snapped 2 bleed nipples, then expected me to buy 2 new calipers..

Last service I told dealer, Do not change brake fluid, nor power steering fluid, I do that myself and it does not need doing.

My method is to buy 4 litres of fluid. Clamp the flexi hose on the wheel nearest the master cylinder, remove the bleed nipple compleatly, grease it, screw it back in lightly, attach hose and pump a vacuume, release clamp and stand at master cylinder pouring fresh fluid in to the reservoir untill clean fluid is running into the catch tank. Tighten nipple, and repeat on next wheel.

4 litres of brake fluid changes both the volvo and the landrover with a bit spare for top up if needed.. both cars brakes and clutches fluid changed in under 2 hours with a coffee stop. Because the nipples are greased every time, I never have a problem undoing them.

Regards Paul.