Thread: S40 (New) Electrics : - Infotainment unit bugged
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2021, 19:37   #1
ThunderCatVoB

Default Infotainment unit bugged

Hello everyone

I'm seeking some assistance with my 2008 S40 D5 please. A few months ago the infotainment unit started acting weird.

-It would either not turn on at all
-It would turn on but some functions were not available (Volume control, mode switches, etc)
-Sometimes it would not turn off when the key was taken out. I would need to unplug the whole unit
-Occasionally I would start getting brake failure warnings and headlights / indicators would stop working.

After so many frustrating attempts, I finally gave up and bought a new unit second hand off Ebay. The problems then disappeared, however, there is one big downside. I am unable to switch to Aux Input. I can switch between AM/FM and CD, but the Aux option is not at all available. Another minor issue is that I am unable to change the date / time in the car.

I then called Volvo who advised I'd need to buy a new unit for them for £800 or £900, which is not really a viable option for me. Can anyone advise if there's a way to fix this please? Perhaps reset the Infotainment unit or would it require reprogramming to the new car?

Alternatively, I'm wondering if there's a way to somehow connect the car speakers to another outputting device such as an aftermarket headunit or an Android device without using the Aux input.
ThunderCatVoB is offline   Reply With Quote