View Single Post
Old Sep 18th, 2020, 17:47   #33
turboboy
Master Member

Default Fuel Filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke1 View Post
hi all well today i went and picked up and have fitted the new bosch fuel filter and took her out for a good run and once warmed up its loads better there was lots of traffic and stop starting which is when the misfire was most noticeable i think i can say i have it running as well as i can expect for a 26 yr old with 153000 on the clock!even the odometer works,rare or what?
also have her booked in for next week and get the welding done and in my shed i have an unopened 5ltr kit of ziebart rust treatment which i was lucky to grab before it got banned here due to some health and safety nonsense its the best ever product and used to cost masses of cash to have done,i shall get some pics up as work progresses,peace all and good driving
Good to know that the filter change has resolved the problem. Was the job straight forward?

Changed the V70's this morning and was concerned that I might have a problems such as releasing the pipes, but as it turned out the problem I encountered was unexpected.

Sprayed the mounting screw with rust release a couple of days ago so didn't expect to have such trouble undoing it and was worried the nut would strip or break off. Fortunately it didn't.

Releasing the pipes and refitting to the new filter was easy. Trouble was getting the mounting bracket screw back as the holes did not line up easily due to the bracket being slightly distorted when releasing, resulting in the screw constantly cross threading. Finally resolved it by using a slightly longer screw to engage the nut without having to press the bracket together with anything other than my fingers.

Current: 1998 Volvo V70 2.3 T5 Auto.

Previous: 2000 Volvo V40 T4; 1981/2 265 (x2); 1988 740 Turbo Estate.
turboboy is offline   Reply With Quote