View Single Post
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 22:18   #1
newvolv

Default C70-potential electric issues

Hi all,

I have just been gifted a 2004 C70. It's a black soft top.

It has a few issues, most I can hopefully have fixed. But the soft top doesn't work. I have also found the radio won't turn on. The aerial goes up but no sound. Press it again, it's says 'off'. I looked at the back and found a loose, green tipped, connector (can't seem to upload the image) there are two black connectors in the back of the radio. I found it odd that this wire was sitting there with no where to plug in. It's an SC805.

Also noticed a few more issues today, mainly the air con won't switch off and the button is stuck on recirculate air, rather than allow me to change to exterior air (if that makes sense). I also have a few warning lights on, which weirdly, were off on part of my trip. On the return leg they came back on. The car came from a family member, apparently she hit a speed bump and they all popped on and go on/off intermittently.its the engine light, anti skid and abs.

So a few issues.

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can start at looking into this. (If it helps the trip computer also seems to not work)

Now realising why it was sold to me for £1. :-)
newvolv is offline   Reply With Quote