View Single Post
Old Aug 5th, 2022, 08:05   #6
Dan1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian0803 View Post
I don't have direct experience with your vehicle, but in the past living overseas I had a V70 with the 2.5 5 cylinder turbo engine.
I decided to add a tune, which was raved about by the local Volvo community. In my opinion the car felt rubbish, pretty gutless low down and maybe a bit faster at the very top end of the rev range. So driving it hard was not a daily option in a heavily congested city.
I had been talking to the Volvo dealer about the Polestar upgrade, but decided not to proceed at that time due to the cost, hence going with the alternative tune.
When the car was serviced, Volvo had installed the Polestar by mistake, thinking I wanted it as confirmed by the service invoice. Having told them I did not want it and already had a tune, they suggested that I take it for a week and return to have it removed if I don't like it.
To cut a long story short, wow, what a difference, super responsive from all revs, smooth and for sure better economy. I don't know the extra torque, but it added 50hp from 200 to 250hp.
It was worth the cost, transformed the car and I could drive it safe in the knowledge that I was not going to blow the engine.

Value for money on a £ per BHP, no, but for the overall driving experience, worth every £

Thanks...great post. They offer a 14 day trial with the polestar.