Thread: General: 70: - Just how bad is the ETM issue ?
View Single Post
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 16:00   #4
chow

Quote:
Originally Posted by V70 driver View Post
I became a V70 owner in june and it was'nt until I joined the forum that I saw all the cooments about the ETM. I have spoken to my local main dealer who says, car's serviced when they should be and generally looked after then the item should be OK. BUT, he warns that it is a part that can wear out like any mechanical or electrical part . Looking at the forum, it looks like the majority of the ETM failures are on high mileage cars, save for a few (before I get shot down) I would not be put off buying a V70 because a certain part could be prone to failure. There are hundreds of people on this website, not all have the V70 /850 but there must be thousands of both models out on the road somewhere in the world. Buy one and look after it, am sure then it will look after you.
Good luck
V70 driver
sadly the cosy thought of looking after your car wont make a damn bit of difference, its a crap piece of kit and can fail at any time, (its been the subject of a lawsuit in the states so bad is the problem) i would budget for its failure, and if it doesnt, great you have saved a fair few quid