View Single Post
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 00:53   #104
Aus2012XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruce63 View Post
Our 2010 XC60 D5 has developed a small oil leak located close to what seems the oil vapor collector, which is a small plastic box on the rear of the engine, which seems to be wet. The area is where the turbo (turbos) are located. The oil drips down to the bottom cover by the intercooler piping. Any comments are welcome.

I plan to vapor clean all the area to help identify where the leak comes from and take the car to the dealer perhaps next week. Despite having only 34,700 Km the car is off warranty. A prior inspection request was made by the 30,000 Km inspection and the service manager ruled it off as dripping from a previous oil change.

Has anyone encountered such a leak on a D5 such as ours?
I have the same problem with my late 2011 XC60 D5244T15 - it appears that oil is leaking from the turbos - possibly a PCV problem but I can't find anything to confirm this.

Some suggest the oil leak is from the turbo return line and others suggest turbo seals. I've seen faulty PCVs do this before on other brands (I'm a fully qualified toyota tech). Just want to see if anyone else has seen this oil leak before I get on the tools.
Aus2012XC60 is offline   Reply With Quote