Thread: RTI Discs.
View Single Post
Old Oct 19th, 2008, 09:03   #14
Muscas
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufe View Post
Hi Patrick

the only thing i can really say to you is that after looking at the info on the volvo website it tells me the Cd-Rom system was last updated in January 2007 for cars up to 1999. For 2000 (up to 2005 for the C70) models it was last updated in June 2006. This suggests that they may not be supporting this system for much longer if they are not being updated so often as the DVD version. Allthough i have no information as to why this is in my eyes the reason for this could be down to the fact they are simply not selling them, as there are so many illegal copies they may not see the true demand for them perhaps. Saying this they are still available, whether or not there is going to be a new update released i simply dont have that info sorry mate.

Simon
Hi Simon,

Many thanks for your reply and I apologise to the original poster for asking another question on his thread.

Umm, this is really very confusing, if you follow the link below:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=260299790865
This was the original Volvo Sat Nav system that I UNDERSTAND is no longer supported by Volvo.

As my car is a December 1999 car it fortunately falls into the bracket for the more advanced Sat Nav system. Volvo still had to change the processor, CD player and the loom, Oh and the remote is different. I believe that the system I have is exactly the same as Volvo were selling in the first generation C70 up until 2006.

Also it has the same SOFTWARE as used in the S60, Second generation V70 and S80 up until 2003 even though the hardware was different. I.E. Still a CD based system.

I had assumed that Volvo had to support the system for 7 years after the production life cycle had ended, so 2006 + 7 years = 2013, do you know if this is true?
This would go for any item in the car...........

Could I trouble you for the part number of the June 2006 edition, so that I can confirm with what I am running now? Many thanks in advance.

Patrick
1994 Volvo 480ES 2.0i (In and out of Roadworthiness)
2017 Toyota Land Cruiser, daily car
Muscas is offline   Reply With Quote