View Single Post
Old Jul 30th, 2021, 18:12   #1
Terra1

Default Out with the old..

After 8 years of XC90 ownership (rare in the UK '07 3.2 , lpg'd) our car was getting a bit long in the tooth and bills were mounting so it felt like the right time to switch. After many hours searching for the right spec we got ourselves a late 2020 B5P in pine grey. Pretty much all the boxes ticked aside from HK/B&W audio (would have been nice) and 3rd row climate (my kids have survived this long!) and enough warranty for a few years of anxiety free ownership. Got the running boards and towbar added prior to purchase. I've had it for just over a week and have done a good mix of journeys. Overall thoughts are the car is as expected a total different level of fit/finish/spec/power compared to the Mk1 but I would hope so at the price point! The B5P is a little agricultural at low revs but it was always going to struggle vs the 3.2 6 cylinder which was very smooth. I've been impressed with the mpg so far, averaged c.40-45mpg for a motorway trip yesteday, the 3.2 did c.17-25mpg (14mpg on lpg). I had bought it without seeing pine grey in the flesh but it's a great colour and changes nicely dependant on the lighting.

Next steps - it's 'underwheeled' so it needs some 20's/21's really.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210724_191209.jpg (357.0 KB, 166 views)
Terra1 is offline   Reply With Quote