View Single Post
Old Nov 22nd, 2021, 22:28   #12
eeedelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHailKingVolvo View Post
I had a nightmare with this when replacing the front brake hoses on my petrol 940 for its last MOT-but-one. One side was stuck fast, the union absolutely seemingly welded solid. I tried everything, heat, cold, every spray and fluid imaginable, flare ring spanners and allsorts. Eventually I had to admit defeat, purchase a flare tool, cut the union off and remake the joint. Surprisingly not particularly difficult and has been 100% trouble free since. I did purchase a reel of brake pipe in case I had to remake the entire hard line, but it wasn’t required in the end.
I suspect it might well come to that but the snag is that I'm not sure there's enough 'spare' pipe to do that. It's pretty straight from the body to the bracket and the alternative of having to replace it right back to the front of the car on both sides would be a nightmare, as I'm trying to do it outdoors with only the back on stands in a yard that tends to pool to a couple of inches near the front half of the car when it rains!

Do you remember which flare type it was, though? I gather there are loads of different types it could be.
440 Xi '93 (barely run-in!)
eeedelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eeedelli For This Useful Post: