View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2017, 17:56   #1538
Flux
Premier Member

Just had my 3 year service before warranty runs out at the end of this month, with 40,000 miles on the clock.

I had the V1 EGR modification done about 2 years ago (new cooler but no other components). No faults since but dealer could not get the fault code to appear at the service to fit the definitive EGR fix. So have to wait until the fault occurs but was told Volvo are very flexible if this happens outside warranty. Also though, they said it was strange that the fault hasn't occurred since!

Interestingly, I needed a new swirl valve as the one on the car was faulty and apparently opened up at the wrong intervals. Not very common dealer said.

Also had to clean the oxygen sensor.

New back disks and pads - circa £350.

My car now gives me some noticeable torque steer, something I have not experienced for a long time. Much faster under acceleration and feels re-energized and as I remember it being. MPG seems to have increased significantly although only a shorter trip but difficult to be definitive. Clearly some improvement will result in service and software update but can't believe it'll just be down to that.

So why didn't the car show a fault code in this instance as clearly the swirl valve has a part to play in performance - shame.

Hope this is useful info for the thread.