View Single Post
Old Nov 10th, 2023, 07:57   #54
ITSv40
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Good morn Steve,

Your 145 (Margot) looks fine, I would not worry about comparing it with others that might or might not have been.

I'm a bit confused about the storage and insurance at the moment. Perhaps I've missed something, but I got the impression your new garage is not finished yet - and that the 145 is stored under cover somewhere fairly locally. In that case why would you be thinking of moving it this month? If that is the plan don't do it (that is my humble opinion)!

A 50 year old motor car will not survive winters being left uncovered - this isn't at all like a modern one. I'd say don't be hasty: leave Margot where it is until you have the new garage complete or Easter - whichever comes sooner.

I hope I have misunderstood something and you have a plan to keep your nice 50 year old motor car under cover - at least for the winter months.

Yours aye,

Just my take on things.

I understand Margo is in brother-in-law's barn until Steve's garage is finished. I also understood that Steve is planning a little road trip to Southwold - while she is road legal - to get to know her a little better and see how she drives. It will be a useful exercise as a 'to do' list can be formulated and actioned ready for next season.

Again my understanding is that Steve is going to get her to a usable standard and drive her before embarking on a full body restoration.

Last edited by ITSv40; Nov 10th, 2023 at 07:59.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: