View Single Post
Old Jun 21st, 2021, 11:34   #21
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw244gl View Post
thanks for the info

here is a picture of the carb i have, sorry for slow replies, in the middle of packing up my house for a house move.
Yes, that's the screw in the dizzy baseplate that commonly strips the thread. All too easily cross-threaded sadly. Usually the points gap closes fairly quickly as a result.

I see you have the anti-diesel solenoid, worth unscrewing that and checking the plunger is clean (especially on the coned end) and free to move in and out of the solenoid body.

Have you checked the oil in the dashpot? It should be up to ~1/4" or 6mm from the top of the inside of the tube inside, if not top it up with Dexron II-D ATF and replace the plunger slowly but surely - the top unscrews conventionally. Don't cross thread it when you refit it! Push it in until the threads make contact then while holding slight downward pressure, turn it anticlockwise until you feel the threads drop into place then turn it clockwise the 3-4 turns to tighten.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote