View Single Post
Old Jun 28th, 2022, 17:41   #12
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasbrown22 View Post
Hi

I need to change my AUX battery. Volvo gave me the part number 32238082. I'm struggling to find a replacement via non-VOLVO sources. Any recommendations or advice please.
To be fair, having read this thread, and owning a mark 1 model I would comment this.

My mode has something in the order of 18 modules within it. Each costs hundreds of pounds, some thousands of pounds. I know when I plug Vida into the vehicle it will list many many codes as there are so many systems identified/triggered/ what ever that it’s always the case.

You have bought quite possibly one of the most complicated cars ever made (far more complex than mine which is complex in its own right).

In my opinion, which you don’t have to agree with. There is absolutly no way that I would wish to save £10, £20 or £30 on an electrical component which in all likelihood has worn prematurely yet still survived 6 years.

I think in this instance the meagre cost of replacing the battery, which you will probably never do again, is far outweighed by the risk…

Interesting thread and I hope you get it resolved. I would be interested to know which path you take?

Cheers
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post: