View Single Post
Old Jun 8th, 2022, 11:35   #10
jpb1

Default Update

Volvo C30 1.6D 2008, 114,000 miles, full service history.

October 2019
- Camshaft sensor replaced

April 2021
- Camshaft sensor replaced again

July 2021
- Boost pressure sensor replaced
- Map sensor replaced

February 2022
- Anti skid light started coming back on every drive. Not always under acceleration as before. Car drivable, as not going into limp mode.
- Boost valve cleaned out (apparently full of oil)
- DPF pressure pipes checked

(these repairs/checks did not resolve the issue)

March 2022
- Anti skid light still coming back on every drive. Not always under acceleration as before. Car drivable, as not going into limp mode.
- Engine management light comes on, and remains on.
- After a few journeys, car fails to start.
- EGR valve replaced.
(this repair did not resolve the issue, just removed the engine light)

May 2022
- Anti skid light still coming back on every drive. Not always under acceleration as before. Car drivable, as not going into limp mode.
- Engine management light comes on, and remains on.
- DPF pressure checked. Apparently good readings at idle and under revs, so not blocked.
- DPF additive refilled, as apparently the car wasn't regenerating
- DPF pressure sensor replaced
- I noticed carbon deposits around injectors. The garage checked, and said that 2 are leaking slightly at bottom seals, and 2 are leaking slightly at the top (however very minor first signs, so they've advised no need to repair currently). Note, some of the seals had previously caused misfires in August 2019, and this was repaired then).

(These repairs/checks did not resolve the issue, just removed the engine light. Note, the car is now regenerating at least)

June 2022
- Engine management light back on, and remains on.

Conclusion/questions
- Latest codes on my cheap code reader: P0401 EGR flow insufficient detected, P0490 EGR control circuit A high, P0341 camshaft position sensor A circuit range/performance bank 1 or single sensor. My guess is that the camshaft sensor isn't faulty, as it has been replaced twice.
- The car stutters cruising or accelerating between 1500-2000rpm in any gear, but is fine under all other conditions. From reading a lot of internet forums, I understand this could be EGR issues (however, as my new EGR valve is less than 1 month old, could something else be causing it to fail or block up again)? Otherwise, do you think the leaking injectors could be the issue (however, I don't know why the Anti Skid Light would come on for this)?
- Garage said that in May 2022, there was one error they couldn't solve: "BCM-0101 Communication between control modules. Communication problems with engine control module (ECM)". Apparently they cleaned all the connections, but they noticed the ECM has been prized open at some point in time, which worried them.

Any thoughts and advise would be much appreciated, thanks!
jpb1 is offline   Reply With Quote