View Single Post
Old Aug 19th, 2021, 11:21   #14
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Congrats on the MoT pass, as the tester said, unless they take it on the road they have no way of telling the speedo is working or not so isn't tested. Seeing the same mileage recorded for more than one year running on the MoT history is a giveaway though.

As for the Bosch leads, they'll work well for quite a while, when they do start to fail take the time to find a set of Bougicord leads. They do make a huge difference and will keep going long after the Bosch leads fail miserably. Yes, they'll cost you more but are cheaper in the long run.

I had to replace the leads on mine about 3 years back as the original Bougicord leads had failed after 30 years continuous service. Given the exact nature of the failure i think it was more external intervention (not on my part) that caused the failure as when i pulled the broken lead out of the plug boot, i found ancient plier jaw marks on the broken part with enough accompanying dirt to suggest it was done several years before.

The only leads i could find for mine at the time were in fact Bosch leads in the USA but they came with the RPM Sensor on #1 lead (unlike the UK offerings in the most part) and even with S&H (USA version of P&P), exchange commision, Import Duty/VAT etc they worked out less than half the price of the same product (without RPM Sensor) in the UK.

Still looking for Bougicord leads for mine but don't seem to be around these days. They're still made for the red blocks so keep your eyes peeled for a set.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: