View Single Post
Old Oct 21st, 2013, 16:30   #4
ClassicVolvoShop
Schrödinger's Cat Cph!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm80 View Post
Hi,
I've attached a picture of the albert mirror, it looks the same as your picture... but maybe the angle of your photograph makes them look e-longated?
Well, they are the same.

Quote:
Truth is, I'm doing this research for a friend so it's not really my car. All I can say is the owner is adamant they are not willing to remove the stalks. If it were me, they'd be off and new ones on... BUT they did say there was a lot of rust behind the stalk mounting and they have used filler, fibreglass and lead plate?? to permanently hold the stalks on because professionals who did major bodywork in the past "skipped" doing those little issues. The owner reckons that if they are removed, they are going to end up having to have the wing patched up and welded, and they don't want to go down that road.

hence all of this problem trying to match up the mirror tops...
OK.

Quote:
Forgive me being a little stupid, but what do you mean "NOS"? .
NOS = New Old Stock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_old_stock

Quote:
If the mirrors you have are correct and your willing to sell, let me know how much and I can pass on the info to the owner. Ideally they only want the mirror tops, but I guess you wouldn't want to split them apart. At the end of the day if it must sell as a set, I doubt they'd refuse. I certainly haven't found any albert mirrors anywhere else yet and I've look for weeks.

Thanks,
James.
Let me check what I have in my box-of-mirror-parts and get back to you - it shouldn't be all too difficult to find a set of nice complete mirror heads.