View Single Post
Old Jul 31st, 2021, 20:01   #9
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yostumpy View Post
Having had mine for about 4 months, and knowing what I’ve learnt in that time, I would plump for a Euro 6, XC70, D5, with as lower mileage as I could find, seen some around 30k miles. I know you don’t want need AWD, but watching all the videos on YouTube, it is an awesome car, that will get you out of trouble should the weather turn bad. I say XC rather than V as I believe the residual resale value will be more, should you change your mind. You bought the Freelander,but didn’t need awd?. So I’d say an XC 2016 model, the NAV version is cheaper, but has more stuff than I could ever imagine. Should be able to pick one up for 16-20 k. Good luck.

Ps. I’ve just driven from Kent to Cornwall, in one go, took about 8 1/2 hours, traffic was terrible, readout say 46.2 mpg, and more importantly, I’m not broken. I feel great, no aches stiffness,and it was a pleasure, either blasting up inclines over Bodmin moor or stuck in endless queues around Stonehenge. Best car I’ve ever owned.
XC also costs more to buy. Catch 22.

There’s no point buying AWD if you don’t need it. There’s extra costs come service time, like Haldex fluid changes etc. Then people moan that it costs more to maintain.

I don’t see the point in having an AWD just for the sake of it, particularly if you live in a city area. If you live out in the sticks or in a place with bad roads/inclines, I can see the need. Lots of people buy the XC for the higher driving position, yet they have no intention of ever going off road with it! 4x4’s are the same.

Last edited by Kev0607; Jul 31st, 2021 at 20:10.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote