View Single Post
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 19:45   #17
meta_volante

Red face the on going saga....

I recieved a phone call from Volvo customer relations 07/03/06, they asked me if I could book my car into a dealers so they could take a look to see if there was any ETM problems affecting my car. I booked my car in with William A Lewis Volvo in Telford for a slot 2pm - 4pm 10/03/06. They fully understood the request I told them came via the customer relations(maybe others had been there before me???) I then phoned back customer relations to let them know the date and time of the appointment,they told me that during the time while my car was at the dealers they would contact the dealers direct to see what the problem was and then contribute towards the work - great! The day came and I looked forward to the short blast down the A41 and M54 to Telford and the Volvo dealers (quick plug - they are an excellent set up and I would recommend them to anyone), I dropped off the car and went for a walk around the town centre - as you do, approx 1hr 30mins later I got the call to come and pick up my car. When I got to the dealers they confirmed that my car does have what they think is an ETM failure just based on how it runs and the symptoms I described, you see when the hooked up the computer there were no fault codes at all to be seen - oh? they could not proceed any further, but I was told they would monitor the car over the next couple of months and I was free to drop it in at any time to check for the codes whenever I was passing. Shortly after I had a call from Volvo customer relations who confirmed what the garage had told me, but they were eager to get it sorted and encouraged me to take it back whever possible for a check up to see if a fault code has been thrown up. Just how and when does this code appear and for how long? I feel that I may never get it sorted now and have that feeling like I have just had my fingers trapped in the cookie jar lid. Any comments welcomed.

'03 S40 1.9D Sport