View Single Post
Old Dec 10th, 2021, 09:18   #3
Agro

Thanks for your reply @dingov70. The reason for starting this thread is because I feel (though not sure) that this V40 'may be' misbehaving during the regen cycle.

There are two Volvos in the family. My 2014 XC70 2.4 D5 and this V40 2.0 D4 driven mainly by the wife. Both have an OBD2 scanner fitted and we use the Car Scanner App to provide us with the DPF Soot level, and DPF Temperature. Both cars are very low mileage and this allows us to know when the regen cycle is about to start and ensure we continue to drive the cars in order to complete the cycle.

My XC70 starts the regen process when the DPF Soot Level reaches 29/30grams (about every 250klms). During this time the DPF Temp increases from around 300degC to fluctuate between 550degC and 675degC. The regen is complete when the Soot Level reaches Zero.

The V40 on the other hand starts the regen process at various stages when the Soot Level reaches somewhere between 26grams and 29grams. It gets up to the same temperatures but never seems to drop down to a zero Soot Level. It will stop the regen process at various stages between 6 grams and 14grams of soot. Not at all consistent, and bloody annoying.

So the ultimate question is...... Is this normal operation on this model engine.