Thread: Engine: 140 1986cc B20A: - Rough Idle solution?
View Single Post
Old Aug 3rd, 2021, 22:35   #36
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
It might be right for a 1972 car but what if the car is in fact a 1971 car that was registered late or perhaps someone has changed the engine at some point in time for an older chronologically but younger in miles unit?

Also as others have mentioned the vacuum advance was changed about the same time, perhaps to coincide with changes to the PCV system that may have some influence.

Thinking back i remember my last 144 was 1972/L registration and had the later arrangement as you have uploaded. I'd previously had a 1971/K 145 with the breathers the opposite way round. When i got the L reg, i at first assumed someone had put the breathers on incorrectly and swapped them back to how i thought they should be and it wouldn't tickover properly - very similar symptoms to yours?

It seems you've tried most everything else, maybe the time now is to try the silly, stupid stuff and keep it that way?
I think and I could be wrong but the B18 flame trap has a NRV fitted to the intake where the B20 one doesn’t so something to check.