Thread: C70 S70 V70 Cars: - ETM replacement
View Single Post
Old Oct 11th, 2019, 12:36   #1
upv5
VOC Member

Default ETM replacement

The ETM on my 2000 V70R failed recently with Vida codes 9190, 903F, 903C & 904D. It did not respond to the Vida ETM test but if the butterfly was moved manually I did see an output from the position sensor that looked OK.
This ETM had been upgraded to contactless by Lucas (spokoluzic) some 6 years ago so I doubted it was the Sacer but I contacted him anyway, unfortunately he longer has the facility to diagnose & repair these Magnetti ETM's.
I turned to google and found only 2 companies that offered a complete overhaul and repair,
not just a Sacer position sensor, one being the well known Xemodex and the other ACtronics of Colchester.
Xemodex are very expensive and several 1000 miles away but ACtronics were £160 + postage.
To make things difficult ACtronics do not deal directly with the public so you have to find a commercial business that is prepared to register with ACtronics and raise the order. A drinking buddy with his own HGV trailer repair firm stepped in and the order was raised and the part sent off.
ACtronics had a refurbished ETM in stock and this was posted to me the same day. Although the paperwork said a software download would be required the car is running fine without, perhaps because the ETM's had the same part number or just good luck.
So anyone with a suspect ETM or other electronic component have a look at this website https://www.actronics.co.uk.

John

2000 V70R AWD - SWMBO 2017 XC60 D5 AWD --- Previous - 2009 V50 D5 SE LUX - 2000 V40 SE 2.0 - 1986 760 GLE 2.8
upv5 is offline   Reply With Quote