View Single Post
Old Dec 6th, 2015, 12:39   #17
Marc01

Rooster I hope you did not read any hostility in my reply, I am just frustrated.

I did a bit of research before buying my V40 D4 it was one of a few cars on short list, a bit of research online seemed to imply on a whole Volvo V40 were reliable obviously the new D4 was early days but there were already reports from S/V/XC60 owners where the D4 first found service of egr issues, these seemed to come at 6k miles on average. I put this down to just a small sample of unhappy owners and it would not happen to me.

I drive on average 18-20k a year, long journeys albeit mostly A roads. I do not drive for economy otherwise I would of bought a D2, I choose the D4 for its 190hp and claimed 0-60 of 7 seconds, I went through my first set of front tyres at 10.5k then at 11k I hit the wall, as in limp mode and engine light.

After a botched first repair, the second repair seemed to go alright, it has now taken a further 4 months and only 5.5k before that egr failed also.

I only use premium fuel and I like to stretch the legs of my 2.0l 190hp engine be damned with mpg, I've said it many times here before who buys a brand new car for good economy anyway the depreciation hit as soon as I drove of the forecourt could of bought me several second hand motors.

My average mpg is 45mpg by the way.
Marc01 is offline   Reply With Quote