View Single Post
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 14:01   #26
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyd2008 View Post
Hi Philip having the same problem I have a 2016 XC90 . It’s ERAD is on the way out and dealership say it needs replacing at €4000. Thy tell me I have no warranty cover on this , you mentioned a 4 and 5 year warranty,is this standard or is this extended warranty that you had to pay extra for. If it’s standard where can I get a copy of this. Mike
Other people may give better answers, from personal experience or be able to give you some hard evidence, but if I am reading it correctly, Volvo UK have decided to offer a goodwill gesture for this part up to five years old, as they have recognised the issue, as the standard Volvo warranty is 3 years.

If you are approaching Volvo Ireland, they may not have taken the same stance as Volvo UK on this matter, and simply be sticking with the standard warranty and not offering the goodwill gesture. (Are they different companies ?)

If this is the case you may have to approach Volvo UK, to have the issue resolved, if it is a UK car that you have. (The fact the car is in Ireland and the extend of Volvo service history may play a part as well ?)

Failing all that, I would suggest calling some of the dealers mentioned on here that have carried out the work, and get the information directly from them.

This is all speculation on my part from the responses given, but hopefully someone can provide more detailed information to hopefully get them to stump up some cash.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote