View Single Post
Old Jun 23rd, 2022, 15:37   #12
TJMurphy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
1st port of call for the stutter is a can of fuel cleaner in 1/2 a tank of fuel, you might have just picked up a bad refill but a little decarb fluid in with it won't hurt,

It could also be kicking back against the E10 which is becoming like supermarket beef, 1/10 beef and 9/10ths wheat and bolster material,

I know the model well as a mate had one at the time and it was any excuse to borrow it at the time so I would imagine there are a few folks around who'd love to own it and lavish on it a bit, too many good old cars going to the scrappers tbh, they have no real footprint anymore as they can't pollute as much as the production of the car that replaces them.
Thanks. It's not E10 fuel as it only gets filled with V-Power and the last tank fill was from my "regular" one so hopefully not a bad refill. I've got a few more miles to go to get down to half a tank* and then I'll stick in some injector cleaner (Redex or the like) and see what happens.

* Forgot to say in the pros and cons it had 3/4 of a tank of V-Power - should double the value these days
TJMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote