View Single Post
Old Jul 26th, 2021, 22:17   #9
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinsplintz 101 View Post
I read these threads and smile - Why isn't it worth £25k again? Because rarity will always command a premium and if someone with £25k burning a hole in their pocket and a desire to own a Gul T5-r wants one then it will be worth £25k to them.

Remember that 25 years ago these cars were circa £28k, which is the equivalent of £56k in today's money, and so to my mind a car that still looks that good, performs as well as we know it does and is bullet proof compared to most other marques of the late 90s is a good investment to someone with the cash.

That said - I too agree that the particular car in question is unlikely to sell for £25k as there are better examples floating about for less money - but sooner or later the more desirable of the 850s( eg manual gul estates / red manaual 850R estate) will be up in the mid twenties for the discerning collector.
In 60 years time it may be.

There are BMW E38 and Range Rover P38 on sale still that I was seeing advertised in Feb 20.

No doubt there may be some one really really rich, some hedge fund manager or Jeff BoZo type with £25k to spend on cigars on a night out. I bet he won’t be buying a yellow Volvo however.

That isn’t worth 25k as it’s been for sale for many weeks and hasn’t sold.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote