View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2021, 18:36   #1
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Default A sticky? What are the common rust-traps on a P80

In another thread sdg1970 of this forum made the very valid point - these cars are getting to a stage where rust is getting to some. I confess five years back, I'd be the first to brag, these things don't rust, and they don't.... but mine's at the entry point of proving me wrong. I've seen a few kept in and around the South coast 'darn sarf' and 'Oop narth' , Hull etc that are nothing but scrap. The salt air finishes 'em.

It'd be good if this thread could become a quick sign-post thread that becomes a sticky, wihich in turn feeds-off the killers and common-faults thread here:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=263883

Keep 'em short and sweet, best with pix if you've got them, and your favourite product/ cure if you've got one:

I'll kick-off:

1) The area in and around the rear exhaust hanger bracket.
I caught mine in time.

2) Door stays
Usually driver's door goes first. Don't let it 'ping' becuase it'll stress the pillar and welding comes next. Which ruins the galv, and down we go.

So come on boys, I live inland... a good many of you know a lot more about this than me...

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; May 29th, 2021 at 18:53.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post: