View Single Post
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 11:16   #18
Alexjansen

Default Warning about this tuto

First of all please forgive my imperfect english.
I'm having acceleration problems with my volvo S40 (D115 2003, 257000km), the turbo releases massive air flux and the acceleration has become uneven, does like "go, stop, go, stop, go..."

Turbo and durites are ok, so obviously the problem comes from the EGR valve. I Found this tutorial, well made, clear enough, this looked awesome. In fact, this tutorial can either be awesome or TERRIBLE depending on how lucky you are. I'm not lucky.
Biotoxic, you suggest to take off the EGR valve in 2 pieces, first the outer part and then the inner part. The thing is, it's a FATAL ERROR. You shouldn't try to disconnect your EGR valve in 2 pieces, but instead pull the whole out. There are some specific clamps to do it, and I think you could even do this with the chain/key that is used for oil filters.
Why that ? Simply because if your valve hasn't been worked out for years and like me more than 130 000km, the inner part will be completely stucked in the hose, impossible to take out or even make it turn a little, whatever massive tool or super carbcleaner you will use. And that's what's happening to me right now, and I can't find any professionnal willing to take the risk of helping me in that matter.

So, everyone, DON'T SEPARATE YOUR EGR VALVE IN 2 PIECES, but take it whole out with a clamp or something to grab the outer part of the egr valve. (by turning it little by little)
Alexjansen is offline   Reply With Quote